Real world extensions of the digital experience can be amazingly powerful.
Given this initiative, I had a couple of ideas as to how Google could enhance this experience.
- How about a "send SMS directions to mobile" option? It's far more environmentally friendly - and it could fit seamlessly within an Android (Google Mobile) platform.
- If you're going to stick with paper printouts, how about putting a recycling slot underneath every printer so drivers can recycle their used directions?
- Wouldn't Google Wallet @ The Pump be a logical real-world extension given the on-the-pump extension?
- How about wireless - wifi or bluetooth based syncing with Android capable phones?
- How about relevant brand sponsored local advertising and points of interest?
- This would be a great local play for their mobile advertisers.
And lastly, given Google's recent moves into video content...
- How about offsetting some of those unholy gas prices by serving local
ads on screens facing the car? Passengers and people filling up their
tanks are a captive audience.
- I can't wait for the rediculous headline calling this service The Drive-In Of The 21st Century.
What other services would you add to the gas station experience?