Call me crazy, but every once in a while I like to hear an old man whine, yell and scream about the interwebs, the left wing bloggers, the gadgets and gizmos, the blueberries, etc.
And believe it or not, I learned something: bad blogging is very similar to AM talk radio.
Similarities between bad bloggers and AM talk radio hosts
- The host is often there to talk to, not with, their constituency.
- The host strictly screens participants (and moderates their participation).
- The host uses their position of power to talk over their participants.
- The purpose of the conversation is to win the argument, not to discuss the real issues.
- The host is broadcasting for broad reach, not broad conversation.
- The host loves the sound of their own voice.
And the best part of all:
- We can turn them off.
Am I missing anything?